Monday, September 24, 2012

The Treasure Seeker


“The Treasure Seeker” is a Christian non-fiction book written by Teena Stewart.  It’s sub-title is “Finding Love and Value in the Arms of Your Loving Heavenly Father.”

Teena introduces each chapter with either a quote or a Scripture and then gives some history or an anecdotal story to describe the section.  I think of how she talked of “Annie”. . . She mentioned how Daddy Warbucks took a little bedraggled waif, brought her into his magnificent home, and made her his daughter…how God sees our beauty in our ugliness and adopts us into His magnificence to be His sons and daughters.

After each section Teena provides a snippet of interesting “Treasure and Gemstone Trivia”.  Lastly, I love the way she gives is several “Points to Ponder”.  I like the way this can help us use this book for a book club discussion or a small study group.

And then, in the Appendix, I enjoyed doing the “Spiritual Gifts Questionnaire”.  Teena even includes a 10% discount for her handmade jewelry!

I think this would make an awesome Bible Study.  I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment