Friday, October 19, 2012

Food, Faith, and Fun


Yum yum! “Food, Faith, and Fun is a Faithgirlz Cookbook put out by Zonderkidz.  It is written for tween-teen girls, but could be used by anyone who likes to cook – especially first timers.  I found several recipes that I want to make myself…like the peppermint brownies (I think I’m going to make them for our ice cream social this Sunday!) and the homemade pretzels!

I like the way each recipe is explained step by step so it is easy to make and hard to mess up.  There are memory verses for each recipe, too…and a section, like a devotion, that talks about making and enjoying food as a family or a type of fellowship time. I liked that!

There’s fun recipes like peanut butter bumbles, a fruit flower, and a celery stick butterfly.  There’s lots of snacks – or “munchies” – like fried dill pickles, honey coated almonds, and caramel popcorn.  And, there’s even main dishes and sides to allow them to cook an entire meal – breakfast (scotch eggs), lunch (enchiladas), and dinner (blackened chicken and cauliflower in cheese sauce).  And, I’ve just named a few!!

I’d highly recommend this book for grandmothers and grandkids, mothers and daughters/sons, big sister/little sister, a homeschool home ec class, a slumber party, or just a bunch of friends hanging out! And, even though it says “Faithgirlz”, I think boys would enjoy it just as much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment