Monday, June 18, 2012

OUR BODIES - GOD'S TEMPLE

Today I woke up at almost 9 o'clock, which is okay because I sleep very little at night.  I was exhausted, but determined to start my day right.  I went out to my front porch, Nook and green tea in hand, ready to begin my prayer and Bible time.
"Lord, I am SO tired I don't even know where to start praying!" I decided to begin with "putting on my armor - Ephesians 6" I asked God to fortify each piece and help me carry my sword and shield today.  Then, I felt stronger. I began to pray for VBS, friends and family. I finished praying and took out my Nook to read my "Read Through the Bible" section for the day and God gave me more strength. I believe that God wants us to "desire Him first and then He will do the rest - Matthew 6:33".
I also believe that God desires to dwell within us and for us to make our bodies His temple - I Corinthians 6:19, so today, I spent the morning cutting up and preparing healthy food, so that when I have no energy, I can still eat healthy.  Today, I've included a few of the recipes that I made for the week.  The recipes I made are for one serving...I just made enough for me for the week. ENJOY!!


Lotsa Vegies and Protein Omelet
2 eggs (I used brown ones cause we have chickens)
1/4 cup 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar
1Tbsp. Turkey Bacon Bits (I'm sure regular would be fine)
1/2 cup chopped green onions (sautee in 1tsp EVOO)
1 frozen hashbrown patty (microwave for 1 minute to thaw)


Saute' onions (or other vegies), then turkey bacon, then add hasbrown chopped up. I then add my eggs with salt, pepper, and onion powder (or other desired spices). Scramble all to desired consistency...Add cheese...and ENJOY!!


Pizza Roll-Up
1 Wheat Tortilla
1 Tbsp. pizza sauce
1/3 cup shredded cheese pizza blend
1 Tbsp. Turkey Bacon Bits 


I spread the pizza sauce on the tortilla. Then I mixed my cheese and bacon bits (and when I get some, I will put onions and peppers on mine...You can add whatever vegies you like.) Spread the topping mixture over the sauce. Roll up. Cook on 350* for about 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly...MMM...ENJOY!!


Ya'll take care of your bodies and have a healthy day!!


See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment